Big Data Engineering Manager/Lead
Posted on Jul 17, 2020 by Source Technology
Role: (Big) Data Engineering Manager
Start date: August
Duration: initially until the end of the year
Relationship: Source has direct contact with the hiring manager and has placed roles
Our client turned COVID into an opportunity: they have brought forward their 5 year plan to digitalize their entire company into a 2 year plan, taking immediate action and looking for the best talent in the market to support them in their ambition.
Within the Data Engineering department an opportunity has arisen to join the team, report directly into C level and support the business in delivering scalable and innovative Big Data Solutions. You will plan and implement big data, advanced analytics, machine learning and deep learning techniques to support and accelerate the ever-evolving solutions within the company.
If you are someone who loves big data, a fast-paced environment and innovative culture, then this is 100% something for you!
- Hands-on engineering leadership with proven track record of delivering scalable and innovative Big Data solutions to support the Nike business
- Plan and implement big data, parallel processing technologies, advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to support and accelerate new and evolving analytic solutions
- Work with product management, development/engineering, platform development, architecture, operations, and other internal stakeholders to define requirements, guide solutions and architectural vision, and prioritize efforts
- Help translate customer requirements into stories to support agile development and accurate roadmaps
- Ensure rigorous engineering processes and act as change agent to influence the adoption of next gen platforms and agile practices
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams to build new solutions
- Guide the team in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team and team members; managing performance, goals and development potential, and evaluating potential new talent
- Proven expertise in Software and/or Data Engineering both hands on and in leadership roles
- Experienced in delivering complex, cross functional IT projects and/or programs
- Strong skills in team leadership and building positive business partner relationships
- Strong networking skills and ability to work across multiple organizations to accomplish diverse goals
- Implement agile software processes, data-driven development, data reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Substantial experience with delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment -Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming