Standardization Manager Consumer Ads
Posted on Jul 17, 2020 by Source Technology
Role: Advertising Standardisation Lead - Manager
Location: Leuven, Belgium with 25% international travel
Client: direct client to Source Technology, we are a Tier 1 Supplier
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months initial contract + extension
Required languages: English (French is a plus but not a must)
Our client has a strong international brand and has an exciting opportunity for an expert within Advertising to build out the company's influence in the ad tech field and within global advertising group. You will be responsible to enhance the company's efforts going into new business ventures, building out their presence in the market and streamlining their efforts by working together with the techlabs in Europe.
- Strategy development and planning for building up the clients' influence in Europe, including liaison with standard organizations, Europe committee, Ad tech companies, and research institutes.
- Influencing the regulations on advertising in Europe and global. Recognizing new risks to research and product.
- Understanding of the overall business picture in order to provide strategic advice to R&D and standardization teams. Working with multiple departments, coaching and mentoring other team members to a strong standard to consistently achieve best practices.
- Opportunities recognizing, research resource exploring.
- Reporting directly to the Director (European Standardization & Industry Development) based in Leuven (Belgium), though with European oversight, including the UK.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of advertising standards & algorithm, such as TCF, Privacy Sandbox, Project Rearc, DigiTrust ID, OpenRTB, OCPC, OMSDK and so on. Engineering or Computer Science degree or other related University degree. Advertising applications and standardization initiatives.
- Experienced in standard organization operation, or eco-system developing.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate these into technical requirements.
- Well communication skills, especially intercultural communication.
- Languages: fluent English (spoken and written), French considered as positive assets.
- Desirable soft skills: adaptability (including culture-sensitive outlook), written and verbal communication, time management, stress management, conflict management.