Software Engineering Manager
Posted on Jul 16, 2020 by Coventry Building Society
The Agile Delivery Manager will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that the team follow the values and principles of Agile as far as possible and apply the Agile frameworks appropriately.
• Ensuring transparency on team activities including sprints, velocity, risks, team and stakeholder happiness.
• Ensuring quality is driven into all aspects of the delivery lifecycle and defects are driven out as early as possible.
• Being part of the Agile community across the organisation.
• Ensuring application roadmaps are in place
• Ensuring risks are managed as they arise, escalating to Management as necessary
• Facilitation of workshops with business stakeholders and development teams
• Management and development of people within a delivery team.
• Being self-confident - Be willing to state and defend ideas and convictions while recognizing other options. Have the confidence required to stand alone when this is the best course. Being willing to adapt and change depending on circumstances.
• Showing flexibility - Demonstrate sensitivity to the organizational environment. Tolerate ambiguity, shift priorities, change style and respond with new approaches as needed.
• Showing initiative - Actively challenging procedure and process where necessary.
• Maintaining a good team spirit
• The Agile Delivery Manager must keep the team focused, while protecting them from outside disturbances.
• Understand fundamentals of iterative development
• Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
• Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
Desirable Skills or awareness of technical frameworks/languages.
• Oracle 11+
• SQL Server
• Restful APIs
Internally this role is known as Software Manager - Development.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£75k - £95k Annual
£85k - £100k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual
£85k - £115k Annual