Director of IT (iSeries/RPG/ERP)
Posted on Jul 15, 2020 by Responsive Search, Inc.
Director of IT will be immediately be tasked with the assignment to develop and implement a new, comprehensive and forward-looking IT strategy/technology roadmap that supports the company's current and future business objectives. This is a significant opportunity to be a change agent and lead the Company in a new and exciting direction.
- In partnership with senior management, provide thought leadership and lead IT strategic planning process to create and implement technology roadmap, plan and budget
- Develop the necessary IT infrastructure to rapidly scale eCommerce growth
- Develop a high-performance team of IT professionals and independent contractors to implement IT plan
- Accelerate adoption of existing technologies - specifically the ERP system and educate end users to unlock value
- Enhance capacity and maintain IT infrastructure through system upgrades and hardware changes consistent with IT plan
- Develop IT policies and procedures according to best practices and needs of the company
- Develop a strong and responsive help desk to support 24/7 multi-site operations
- Implement security and disaster recovery plan/procedures to ensure data protection and the continuity of business operations
- Manage telecommunication system and outside service providers including application licensing and support, and the leasing, procurement and maintenance of copy machines, fax machines, printers and imaging systems, etc.
- Prior senior management experience with full generalist responsibility for IT development, infrastructure, systems, staff, budgets, vendor relationships and contracts.
- Extensive experience working with the IBM iSeries, RPG, ERP Software (JDEdward's/PRMS/BPCS), EDI and Warehouse Management Solutions (RF/Barcoding/Hand Held)
- Strategic business leader with demonstrated experience developing and implementing IT strategy.
- Prior and significant experience with eCommerce
- Action-oriented style with mindset to expeditiously able to solve business issues
- Demonstrated business process mapping experience (diagnostic and developmental)
- B.S. in Information Technology, Engineering or relevant field.
- Excellent project management skills with experience managing large-scale projects including enterprise systems, and system integration.
- Experience in manufacturing environments providing 24/7 support to multiple locations.