Posted on Jul 15, 2020 by West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET)
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET), located in Morgantown, is a dynamic service organization providing telecommunications and computing services to state and local government agencies within the state of West Virginia. WVNET is seeking a Network Operator to provide basic (Tier I) assistance and consulting to computing and telecommunications customers, and operation of WVNET systems.
Position Title: Network Operator
Work Location: Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Hourly, Full-Time Benefits, Classified Staff, FLSA Non-Exempt
Salary: Starting salary range is $32,160
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Provide basic (Tier I) assistance and consulting to all WVNET computing and communications customers, and participate in the operation of WVNET systems. Network Operators are categorized as essential personnel as defined by WVNET policy, and incumbent is required to work during declared emergencies.
This position provides customer support, system monitoring, and problem escalation to advanced (Tier II) support on a 24-hour non-standard work hours basis. The position is required to work a 12.5 hour rotating shift to accommodate 24/7 services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor WVNETs internal electronic ticketing system, email, and primary phone extension for any correspondence from our customers that are experiencing an issue or have general question.
- Provide basic (Tier I) level contact and support for all customer generated tickets. Escalate unresolved issues to Tier II support as required.
- Provide primary (Tier I) support for the Blackboard Learning Management System used by multiple institutions throughout the state. Assist students and instructors with issues related to login, navigation, and general coursework questions. Escalates unresolved issues to Tier II support as required.
- Provide basic (Tier 1) support to WVNET email customers with accounts and client configuration. Utilize a custom application to perform account deactivation/reactivation. Assist other customers with password resets utilizing an Office 365 environment.
- Develop and update documentation to provide a rich knowledge base for all network operations staff.
- Ensure building security and fire safety outside normal business hours through video monitoring and occasional building patrols.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical reference manuals.
- Ability to adapt to current technology platforms and services.
- Familiarity with modern operating systems and services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Two years of related helpdesk/network operations experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required.
Starting salary is $32,160 per year with ample opportunity for overtime. Additionally, WVNET offers an excellent benefits package which includes comprehensive health, retirement, and insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Complete online application.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.