Data Scientist - Contract - Freelance
Posted on Jul 14, 2020 by Source Technology
Role: Data Scientist
Start: End of July - Beginning of August
Rate: 65 - 70 euro per hour max
Duration: rolling contracts of 3 months
Total duration: 2-3 year project
Location: Den Bosch - it is important that you live locally - travel time of 1 hour or more is not accepted by the client
Our client is an international company with a strong presence in the Netherlands. The business is investing heavily into becoming a more data-driven organization, with a strong focus on Data Science and AI.
That is why an opportunity has arisen to join the team as a data scientist. This is more than an interim role or a project as the company will invest in your knowledge and experience and is providing a long term opportunity to join a kick-ass team!
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You will participate in the development of our products and services by designing models and developing algorithms to solve real world problems.
- Participate or support in productizing and deploying algorithms.
- You collaborate with engineering and domain experts throughout the company and determine how to get value from our big data.
- Keep up with advancements in the field of data science.
- You apply and grow your knowledge in machine learning, deep learning, neural networks, AI, mathematics, physics, statistical modelling, and other related fields.
- You work to together with your fellow data scientist both located in the Netherlands and other locations to share experiences and learn from each other.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, (applied) mathematics or at least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of data science.
- You have extensive knowledge of mathematics, statistics and information technology.
- You are experienced in applying machine learning and neural network techniques to real-world problems(experience with TensorFlow is a plus).
- You have strong knowledge of wrangling and visualizing data with Python.
- Experience with collecting, processing and extracting results from (large) data sets and building scripts for (big) data processing and/or analytics.
- Experience with conceptual and predictive modelling, hypothesis testing and algorithm design is a plus.
- Experienced with applying optimization techniques is a plus.
You have basic Back End development knowledge; experience with Java and Python is a plus. You have experience working in a team and willingness to be an active member in a scrum team
- Conceptual, analytical and creative thinker with a proactive attitude and ability to learn.
- You are a team player, whilst being self-directing.
- You can communicate effectively in written and spoken English.