Network Operations Hands-On Technical Lead/Manager
Posted on Jul 14, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our client is in need of a Network Operations Team Lead/Manager. Must enjoy both management and hands on work (50/50 split)
* Must be U.S. Citizen due to contractual agreements & have the ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.*
? Manage day-to-day operations of a mix of contractors and FTE's focused on network operations
? Manage Full time employees, including basic human resource functions, time sheet management, periodic reviews, promotions, performance management, etc.
? Manage in-scope services ? core network systems, access layer, NAC, WIFI, WAN (domestic and international offices), MPLS
? Evaluate new products, performs network problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and interface applications
? Monitor protocol compatibility, perform system tuning and make recommendations for improvement
? Manage 24/7/365 monitoring with rotating on-call schedules
? Co-manage network monitoring system, including false positive reduction and acknowledgement/resolution procedures
? Responsible for the completeness and governing procedures to ensure that everything supported is properly monitored and alerting at the appropriate time, to the appropriate group, and with appropriate escalation
? Manage relationships with vendors, including RFPs, SOWs, budget analysis, negotiations, evaluations, etc.
If this opportunity has piqued your interest, we want to have a conversation with you! Be sure to include your updated resume and contact information -- we look forward to connecting!
Project coordination, project management, as well as participation in projects as a team resource is required
- Installation, configuration, and implementation of cabling, telecommunication vendor services, data switches, routers, and DHCP services
- Planning, design, and development experience in researching, evaluating, and recommending facilities build outs
- Performance tuning and testing of telecommunication vendor services, data switches, and Routers
- Installation, configuration, and implementation of network management tools
- Interface with vendors and end users on research, evaluate, and recommend initiatives, as well as on all planning and design initiatives
- LAN-WAN-WLAN standards and industry norms as identified IETF RFCs and trade publications.
- Ethernet, CAT 5E and up, single & multi-mode fiber, IEEE cabling standards, TCP/IP, VLANs, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
-Telecommunication vendor services including circuits, DIDs, PRIs, long distance, 800#s, SIP
-Cisco ACI, Switches and routers.
-Windows AD-based DHCP services.
- Network management tools including Solarwinds, Prime/CMX
- General knowledge and skill regarding voice and/or data networks.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
- Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend, as well as plan, design, and develop overall LAN/WAN architecture, standards, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Develop high-level technical specification sufficient for obtaining ballpark pricing for network systems/equipment. Overtime : straight time