Junior Database modeller - Greater NY area - USA
Posted on Jul 13, 2020 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
A leading telecommunications provider (serving over 1.4 million customers in the US) is searching for an enthusiastic Junior Database modeller that would love to have the opportunity to work in a growing database team, dedicated to refreshing their data warehouse environment.
You'll be working in their grand office in the beautiful green surroundings of Greater New York.
You'd be helping with application development tasks and assignments related to data integration. Next to that, you'll be preparing detailed specifications, diagrams and other programming structures related to the ETL process.
Key responsibilities include;
- Design, code, test, debug and document moderately complex programs
- Using Database, Job Scheduling, Automation and Performance Tools
- Participating in ETL Design sessions with your team
- Produce technical specifications for new or changing mappings and workflows
- Performing application maintenance tasks
- Analyzing, data profiling and data integration of disparate systems throughout the phases of the project life cycle
To be successful in this role, you will have experience with:
- 1-2 years of experience in technical development
- 1-2 years of experience with Informatica PowerCenter
- Excellent SQL and Database Skills
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse Design and Datamodelling (Star/Snow-flake schemas, Erwin Data Modeler software.)
- A BS in Computer Science or a related field
- SSIS or Talend
- Python or R
- Toad for Oracle
- working in a corporate IT environment