Senior Data Base administrator-6months-Geneva
Posted on Jul 9, 2020 by Kirtana Consulting
Kirtana consulting is looking for Senior DBA role for 6months rolling contract in Geneva, Switzerland for 6months rolling contract.
The following attributes are mandatory, to ensure you are able to work effectively in this role. You will be asked to demonstrate your aptitude in these areas. You are not expected to be expert in all areas, and there will be the necessary support in place both within the department and across IT Operations to help with your development.
- Understanding of ITIL process ie Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Strong technical skills in Oracle 11g and 12c
- Understanding of Linux, VMware, AIX Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge in RMAN backup and recovery
- Expert in Standby, Dataguard configuration and support
- Expert in Oracle RAC configuration and support
- Must have worked on ASM configuration and support
- Strong knowledge in oracle and VCS clusterware concepts
- Expert in Database cloning (Refresh), upgrade and patching
- Strong Database Performance Tuning skills
- Knowledge on OEM configuration, job scheduling, incident management
- Desired: Exposure to another RDBMS (MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Mongo DB, Sybase and/or PostgreSQL)
- Good to have Shell Scripting knowledge
- Working knowledge on cloud technology is plus
- Automation tool knowledge on Ansible, Puppet etc is plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised, methodical, with good attention to detail
- Adept at grasping and applying new technical concepts and developments
- Ability to cope with pressure and tight deadlines