Information Security Administrator
Posted on Jul 9, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company Financial Institution is currently seeking a Information Security Administrator. Candidate will be has responsibility for the administration, support, and evaluation of various IT security controls throughout the company. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring the various security that comply with the requirements detailed in the IT Security Policy.
- Implementation, administration, and support of the preventative and detective IT security controls within the Company. Controls include: Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), network, disk encryption, web content and email filtering, intrusion detection, change detection, and user permission reporting.
- Maintain security controls through patching, upgrading, and configuring rules and policies.
- Monitor and alert on the availability, compliance, and effectiveness of security controls.
- Generate performance metrics and reports on the effectiveness of above security controls.
- Generate and update documentation of Operational procedures and processes where necessary.
- Enforce indirect security controls managed outside of the Security team such as establishing and reporting on OS and application level security baselines.
- Support the diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
- Assist with other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT security field required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience practicing Change, Problem, and Incident management processes in an ITIL fashion in an enterprise environment.
- College degree in relevant field preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP.
- In depth knowledge of IT security principles.
- Working knowledge of Firewall technologies; Checkpoint preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of.NIX (Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Fundamental knowledge of relational databases.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with vendor technical support channels.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently.
- Comprehensive understanding of the terminology, principles, and application of fault tolerance high availability and disaster recovery preparedness.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.