Windows Administrator/System Engineer
Posted on Jul 7, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
For one of the major clients in Europe, I am currently seeking for an 'Windows Administrator' for a permanent position in Basel, Switzerland. German speaking is NOT mandatory.
- Should have at least 6-8 plus years' experience in Datacentre operations, RAID, File/Print Server, Blade Servers, Windows Clustering, DNS, DHCP, ADDS, WSUS, Virtualization, Citrix etc.
- Sound knowledge on Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012
- In-Depth knowledge including design and planning of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, File and Print, DFS, CIFS
- Experience with Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching
- Scripting knowledge such as VB Scripts, KIX, Shell, Perl etc will be an added advantage
- Experience on VARITAS/Microsoft Cluster.
- Responsibility to build new test environment, creating POC and UAT environment
- Understanding of Multi-geo support environment
- Suggests new technologies and design changes
- Monitoring and maintaining SLA requirements by the team members
- Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy for 24x7 operation support
- Testing/Auditing/implementing processes as required from time to time
- Implement, maintain, configuration and recovery of AD infrastructure
- Good Exposure to Group Policies creation, Roles, their testing and implementation
- Should have good working experience on RAID management and Array controller.
- Should have good knowledge & troubleshooting skills on MS Clusters, Windows Load Balancing
- Knowledge of Windows Registry, including knowledge of modifying system
- Knowledge of Citrix Environment is added advantage
- Good Proficiency in System Fault Tolerance Design, BCP/DR planning
- Capacity planning and Fine tune system for optimal performance.
- Deal with OEMs and follow up for hardware & software issues to minimize downtimes.
- Responsible for Root cause analysis
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage.
- Should have experience with performance management and tuning
- Use performance monitoring tools, especially TOP, Grafana etc.
- Analyse output from performance monitoring tools
- Configure system tunables to support optimal application performance
- Should have experience in general user and system management techniques:
- Create, maintain and modify user accounts
- Manage services and subsystems Configure Electronic Service Agent
- Use cron and at functions
- Configuring system dump and core dump attributes, initiating methods for dumps
- Knowledge of ITIL or equivalent processes (Incident, Change Process and Problem Management) is a must
- The candidate should be degree educated and needs to have at least 6-8 plus years solid experience of Windows Operating System.
- Added advantage to German Speaking candidates
- Certification on MCTS/MCITP/MCSA/MCSE required.
- Windows, Veritas Cluster, Apache, DNS, Proxy, DHCP, WINS and LDAP, Citrix
- Tools: Remedy, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel etc.
- Dell, HP, IBM, VMware, x86 Servers
- Knowledge of Storage product suits like EMC, NetApp, Hitachi
- Knowledge of Backup products like TSM, VEEAM.
- Hardware troubleshooting knowledge of Dell, IBM, HP, Oracle, Lenovo Servers
- Firmware upgrade knowledge
Please apply now if you are interested and available.