WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer - IBM Cloud, Liberty
Posted on Jul 6, 2020 by Church International Ltd.
WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer
The mission to provide infrastructure service in order to host WEB applications. The service provided by the team covers application deployment and support to the development teams.
Solid and proven experience with the following Web technologies: WebSphere ND, Tomcat and IIS.
- Experience in WebSphere infrastructure in enterprise environments.
- Knowledge of IBM Cloud environments
- Experience in Liberty.
- Knowledge of project methodology and standards.
- Specific requirement for agile: practical experience with Scrum
WebSphere Infrastructure expert's role is to;
- Manage and operate complex existing WebSphere infrastructure.
- Application integration in existing infrastructure.
- Integration with external repositories or content sources.
- Integration into existing Security infrastructures and operations.
- Integration with DevOps
- Planning, Follow-up, Deploy, Test, Acceptance, Industrialization, Training, Handover to Operations and Services Management.
- Restoring the servicing (by restarting the application or the machines, isolating unstable components, )
- Emergency Deployment of application, patching, modification of parameters
- Upload of App's in the different stores (Apple, Windows, Google)
- Incident, Problem: Participate in the identification of the root cause of an incident and the elaboration (and the implementation) of a solution and if not possible to perform a work-around Participate to the introduction of incidents, and their follow-up, to IBM
- A motivated self-starter, process-oriented with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to accommodate demanding projects schedules
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.