Group Head of IT
Posted on Jul 3, 2020 by Illuminet Solutions
Job Title - Group Head of IT (Manufacturing Execution Systems)
Job Type - Contract 12 months - extension likely
Location - Arnhem (Holland)
Start Date - ASAP
Daily Rate - Attractive (outside IR35)
Everything seems to be Hybrid these days so here we have a Hybrid role for a pretty lovely client in Arnhem Holland with a great culture and one who can truly boast that their products not only compete on performance, but also benefit the circular economy, locking away carbon for years, and are sourced from completely sustainable places.
* Group Head of IT/Project Manager required but must have experience in Manufacturing specifically around MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) previous work as Project Manager would be very advantageous for my client.*
But here are some of the highlights. Group Head of IT with experience in Manufacturing specifically Execution Systems. If you have this then read on as this is a great contract for the right candidate. Dutch and English, speaking skills would be great but if the profiles match we may be able to do without one of them (but only a maybe) Still reading by now great have a look at all the rest below and get in touch for a chat!
If you have experience as a PM in past the following from that time would be very beneficial
An IT Strategy has been put in place to implement a Group (Manufacturing Execution Systems) MES system to increase return on investment from the machines in the business currently. The MES will provide the information to the streamlining of production processes, minimising downtime through preventative maintenance and delivering manufacturing data to group reporting to be combined with Finance, Supply Chain, and Sales/Marking data.
The MES Project Manager must forge strong relationships with internal business stakeholders, ensuring business requirements are translated into Software Selection and software implementation. You will have a strong technical, manufacturing, or industrial background in an international environment, understanding the importance of Industry 4.0 and how advanced analytics can support business growth through greater visibility into all operations.
End-to-end project management (MES)
- Business requirements gathering
- Software Selection via Request for Information
- Software implementation (blueprinting, Functional & Technical Requirements, Build, Test, Go-live, Training)
- Roadmap of functionality implementation to align with End of Life of existing applications and growth goals
Group Head of IT
- Stakeholder Management
- Report and communicate technical reports and processes to business stakeholders and non-technical resources
- Support C-Suite and other stakeholders at internal and external meetings (ad-hoc participation in the Senior Management Team)
- Manage global teams, Stakeholder's and partners
- Partner with business leaders to ensure that business value is extracted from the relevant IT investments
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Liaise with Procurement and Legal, adhere to Audits and Regulation requirements IT strategy and implementation
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the board
- Create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategies in line with stakeholder needs and in keeping up with current best practices.
- Manage Projects and Programmes through an integrated plan IT Operations
- Oversee all technology operations (both the technology and equipment used in the manufacturing plants and that of the standard IT environment) and evaluate them according to the established goals of the organisation.
- Lead Service Delivery and ITIL disciplines and any troubleshooting
- Ensure IT and Management are in-line with agreed strategy and policy and in compliance with government legislation and standards in those countries in which the Group operates.
- Manage the relationships with external agencies and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims, financial constraints, and run & maintain is in-line with agreed contracts.
- Line manage and develop the information technology teams, working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and supported to continually improve their performance
- Manage the annual CapEx and OpEx budgets for all sites. Specifically, to be responsible for the review, forecasting audit and prioritisation of all projects Vendor negotiation and contract management and overall budget-driven management
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a similar role will be advantageous
- Design, implementation, deployment, and commissioning an MES (Manufacturing Execution System) including O.E.E., Predictive Maintenance, Quality, Overhead Tracking, and other use cases
- Programme Management experience in an Industrial/Manufacturing environment, managing multiple suppliers
- Building and delivering and application strategy across multiple technologies
- ISA-88/ISA-95 standards
- Understanding Data warehousing/Business Intelligence/Data Architecture
- Manufacturing and process automation knowledge Experience of working effectively at senior levels across the business and contributing successfully to strategic business agenda
- Experience of building and managing relationships with 3rd parties to ensure best value and high-quality services are delivered
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Stakeholder Management and Influencing skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with the drive and determination to succeed in Proven planning and organisational skills
- Dutch/English Language skills
If this role sounds like it is for you get in touch ASAP on (see below)
Please do not call the office and drop me an email in the first instance