Infrastructure Engineer Voice
Posted on Jun 30, 2020 by Technical Resources Ltd
The Voice infrastructure Engineer role works as part of the Network Operations team, with key responsibilities in Voice technologies and their supporting infrastructure . The Infrastructure Engineer will assist the Netops team globally to ensure key infrastructure is deployed, maintained and monitored.
- Provide support for all users worldwide.
- Support, manage and maintain IT infrastructure, for the Voice systems.
- Manage internal IT cases using ticketing systems, ensuring that all cases are managed effectively and within SLA.
- Work with the wider Network Operations Team to provide support for production infrastructure and systems, including voice technologies.
- Assist in procurement of equipment, and configure according to company specifications for end users, and as part of Production infrastructure.
- Work with the Senior IT & Security Manager to:
- Design, deliver and document production and Internal IT infrastructure projects.
- Design and implement system update policies to secure all systems.
- Proactively Monitor and report on Voice network, escalating any risks
- Provide technical support and mentoring for IT engineers within the team.
- Help Define future architecture.
- Maintain accurate records for all infrastructure, equipment, and users
- Travel, as required, to company sites
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in a similar technical support role.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities across a wide range of hardware/software technologies.
- Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Microsoft Teams Network
- Azure knowledge is beneficial
- Telecommunications and Networks
- Unified Comms
- Microsoft Hyper-V (& System Center Virtual Machine Manager) VMware Esxi
- Cisco ASR's
- Supporting Microsoft Technologies
- Strong Network understanding (LAN, WAN, Switches, VPN)
- Good understanding of voice technologies.
- Good knowledge in the following areas:
- Microsoft Skype for Business and collaboration tools
- IP based and traditional voice
- Experience in an ITIL environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent collaboration skills. With the ability to liaise effectively with multiple different stakeholder groups.
- High level of patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent listening skills. With the ability to understand and interpret user & customer requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills, covering both technical and business processes.
- Broad creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve infrastructure, systems, process & financial performance.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Good organizational and planning skills and have an ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.