Network Engineer/Internet of Things
Posted on Jun 29, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer to be in integral member of the NOC team.
This is a full time contract you work here for 10 to 15 years if interested to be there that long. .
Responsible for the technical design, integration, and support initiatives involving various hardware and software technologies within the Networking Support Group, Division of Information Technology. Successful candidates should have a solid understanding of hardware and software network configuration and experience interacting with people at a variety of levels. The position requires demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts. We are looking for someone who has a good mix of technology interaction skills and hands-on technical ability.
The Network Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining, documenting, configuring and maintaining the networking environment
- Working with other Networking Engineers in designing, testing and implementing high-availability, production-ready, network solutions for both internal and external customers
- Working with other client Networking and Telecommunications Engineering personnel in establishing operational processes and procedures for networking, including remote access and wireless services, OSPF Routing, Working with client Networking Engineers along with client/customer Engineers on other projects as deemed necessary
- Ensuring that networking SLA's are consistently met
- Working with contractors, vendors, client/customer Engineers and other client Engineers on large-scale network infrastructure projects
- Recommending enhancements to existing networking systems and infrastructure.
- We are looking for a detail oriented, reliable, self-motivated person who prefers a team work environment.
Major responsibilities include:
- Design and Implement OSPF fully meshed switched environments using multi brand Switches, Routers and VPN concentrators
- Creation and upkeep of documentation
- Configure and test new Routers, Switches
- Configure and test new Video Encoders/Decoders VPN devices and/or Firewalls
- Modify existing equipment configurations
- Troubleshoot switched VLAN environments with multiple routing protocols
- Verify connectivity
- Troubleshoot Routers and routing protocols
- Review project tasks and turn around dates
- Documentation skills
- Performs detailed analysis of system requirements to determine needs
- Provides daily updates and weekly status reports
Other responsibilities include:
- Recommends short-term alternatives when appropriate
- Tracks current and future inventory levels
- Provides Tier 2/3 support
- 4 years experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- F5 experience - and load balancing
- Knowledge of a Multicast switched environment over multi brand Switches and OSPF routed switched network
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, and teamwork skills
- Minimum Years of experience needed for required skills: 4 Years
- CCNA preferred but not required
- Experience with routing protocols, specifically OSPF and EIGRP
- Experience with large fiber optic MAN installations
- Experience with diagnostic tools and techniques for troubleshooting including packet analysis
- Familiarity with LAN infrastructure
- Experience with SSL and IPSEC VPN
- Experience with management and monitoring systems such as Cisco Prime, Solarwinds
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".