Application Security Engineer
Posted on Jun 26, 2020 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for an Application Security Engineer. This role is in a small environment and they will get their hands in a lot of IT infrastructure vulnerabilities and risk assessments. They will recommend best practices and integrate mitigation strategies using Web Application Firewalls and the OWASP framework. They need experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging, and administering Network Security Products (Firewalls, Proxy, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems, etc.).
- Conduct application security reviews, vulnerability analyses, and risk assessments; identify integration issues. Recommend best practices and integrate mitigation strategies using Web Application Firewalls and the OWASP framework.
- Use technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems, and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired.
- Provide engineering support, troubleshooting, and evaluation of preventative and detective security technologies such as:
- Malware detection, web/email content filtering, intrusion detection and prevention, and vulnerability management.
- Serve as technical and project lead on IT Security initiatives; partner with System Engineers, Application Development teams, and Architects.
- Maintain security posture by monitoring and ensuring IT Security compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conduct incident response analyses; develop and deliver training programs to team members.
- Enhance existing architecture and design through planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for team members; teaching improved processes; and mentoring team members.
- Generate and document operational processes, procedures, and incident response plans where necessary.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging, and administering Network Security Products (Firewalls, Proxy, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years of experience practicing Change, Problem, and Incident management processes utilizing ITIL in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and troubleshooting F5 BIG-IP solutions (APM, ASM)
- Ability to analyze, use, and configure large enterprise networks.
- Proven crisis management skills.
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and web protocols (HTTP/HTTPS).
- Working knowledge of Firewall technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of different operating systems (Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively with vendor technical support channels.
- Comprehensive understanding of the terminology, principles, and application of fault tolerance high availability and disaster recovery preparedness.
- Working knowledge of data security controls, protocols, and methods.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $145k Annual