Cloud Microstrategy Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 25, 2020 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Cloud Microstrategy Systems Engineer.
- Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process improvements, trouble-shooting, production support, production operations and configuration management.
- Capture, update and simplify production support resolution activities, production operations tools & capabilities, and configuration management sustainability & applicability.
- Build practices, automated capabilities and communication across department for enhanced application and operational controls compliance including awareness, daily practice integration, evidence collection, successful completion, complexity reduction and resource utilization.
- Enable configuration management across asset management capabilities for computing/Servers, application components, software, network devices and other technical aspects to contribute toward impact assessment capabilities, improved decision making across IT services and sustainable IT life cycle.
- Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Works under limited direction Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives.
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often performs project leadership role.
- Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Experience implementing and managing application and platform monitoring tools (SiteScope, Nimsoft, Opnet)
- Monitor the health, reliability and performance of implemented Tableau solutions, detecting issues quickly and driving quality improvement over time.
- Implement development and design patterns that enable the next generation of service infrastructure.
- Support an eco-system of continuous delivery pipeline tooling, through integration and automation, including Artifactory.
- Review, implement and support a wide range of tools and services.
- Collaborate with business and development teams to understand and aid our customers in establishing and achieving their goals
- Responsible for the production and deployment of new software releases.
- Maintain high availability and resilience for all MicroStrategy offerings across Analytics, Mobility, and Security.
- Manage the Back End of web & mobile applications to include server, agent gateway, load balancers, and Active Directory.
- Troubleshoot and triage problems or issues with software and hardware
- Manage and build Servers to support needs of customers
- Management and operation of public cloud
- Design and Implement Public cloud architectures and environments
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize applications for public cloud
- Migration of applications, tools and services to public cloud plan and implement solutions for backup and recovery, high availability, key management, and other strategic initiatives
- Design and build secure and scalable software infrastructure
- 5+ years of related experience providing application support for Tableau and MicroStrategy tools in on-prem, VMC and AWS environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- 3+ years' experience as an infrastructure engineer
- Advanced experience with Agile and other project techniques
- Develop and maintain documentation required to support the server infrastructure
- Strong communications, both written and verbal, in leading teams and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on driving projects/issues to closure.
- Provide on-call support during nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to adhere and enforce company and department processes, standards, controls on security, change management and risk
- Experience building and launching applications in public cloud (AWS experience a plus)
- Comfortable following to Agile methodologies.
- Experience implementing Jira and Confluence tools
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: