Linux Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 25, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
The Linux Systems team is responsible for building and maintaining the Servers, storage, OS, and configuration of all trading environments. We are a relatively small team of dedicated and focused engineers looking to add to our ranks. As a member of the team you'll have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware, build in house automation and monitoring tools, leverage Open Source projects, and make meaningful contributions to the company.
- Represent the Linux Systems team and take ownership of our portion of large infrastructure projects.
- Gather, organize, document, and clearly communicate project requirements to relevant teams.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements
- 5+ years' experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites)
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring)
- Solid background in configuration management
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control)
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$15 - $15 Annual
$120k - $125k Annual