Devops Linux Engineer
Posted on Jun 23, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Linux Devops Engineer to work within a dynamic team to build and maintain the Linux environment. This role will primarily focus on the automation and configuration management of Linux systems.
- Engineer, Install, Configure, and Manage Linux environments.
- Create, Manage, and Apply automation for deployment and configuration
- Apply Information Technology (IT) expertise, including feasibility studies, technical evaluation, justification, acquisition/procurement, installation, implementation, management, and administration of IT systems.
- Create, update and follow SOPs and other documentation (ex. Change and configuration management.)
- Keep up to date on current and trending IT-related news regarding systems, networks, and security.
- Translate complex technical requirements into actionable and sustainable tasks.
- Compile reports ranging from a wide variety of topic areas related to existing and potential IT projects, platforms and Systems.
- Attend meetings directly related to duties to gain insight and/or provide subject matter expert (SME) guidance.
- Participate in on call rotation
Minimum Requirements (required at start date)
- Ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology
- Five (5) years of devops experience
- Five (5) years of experience with automation (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, etc)
- Five (5) years of systems-level Scripting/programming experience (bash, Perl, python, C, etc)
- Five (5) years of Linux engineering experience, RedHat preferred
- Three (3) years of experience VMware/Hyper-V Virtualization administration experience
- Understanding of PKI
- Some networking experience with a focus on Cisco hardware a plus
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".