Posted on Jun 22, 2020 by ITech Consult
Our client is a is a global leader in the provision of end-to-end packaging supply chain solutions to the Life Science Industry. We help Life Science companies design, manage and deliver packaging artwork, marcoms and digital assets.
* Identification, documentation and notification of issues and risks
* Vulnerability and threat prevention and management
* Delivering hands-on expertise in Microsoft Windows server management and networking
* Develop and maintain expert technical knowledge of Microsoft products
* Helping in managing day to day operations of Microsoft Windows server, Hyper-V, VMWare, Azure, to support optimal availability and performance
* Troubleshooting hardware, Servers, networks
* Provide level 3 support to Global Service desk on internal network issues
* Responsible for provision and availability of the Internet Service and Web Filtering
* Manage the network infrastructure incl. Switches, Firewalls and load balancers.
* Responsible for troubleshooting, isolating and correcting service-affecting issues on the network.
* Plan, schedule and implement network maintenance activities which include firmware upgrades, hardware replacement and network infrastructure augments/changes
* Third level qualification in a relevant IT discipline or the equivalent in industry experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role
* Ideally be a CompTIA Network+ Certified or have relevant industry qualifications
Strong working knowledge of Firewall design and network security protocols: Firewall ACLs, NAT, IPSec site to site VPNs, SSL VPNs, encryption levels, hashing algorithms
* Proficiency in enterprise routing, switching, Wireless LAN & network security
* Proficiency in Firewall configuration and management, ideally SonicWall
* Proficiency in MS Azure and networking
* Vast experience troubleshooting enterprise network issues and application of realistic solutions within the context of the business
* Experience in Microsoft systems administration and infrastructure support
* Experience in load balancing technologies
* Understanding of project management and how to successfully implement small to medium term projects
* Ability to document and illustrate network proposals and solutions in articulate manner
* Excellent written and spoken English language
* Previous experience in configuring SAN and high availability networks
* Good documentation skills
* Team player is essential
Nice to Have(s):
* PowerShell skills desirable
* Experience working in a global multi-cultural environment an advantage
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918915FK
Role: Network Engineer
Industry: Life Science
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£36.1k - £49.7k Annual
£18k - £35k Annual
£18k - £35k Annual
£27.1k - £36.1k Annual
€45k - €55k Annual