Kubernetes Azure Consultant
Posted on Jun 19, 2020 by Outsource UK
I have been tasked to identify a kubernetes onsultant to join a leading European Client based onsite in The Hague for an initial 6 month contract.
- The consultant will perform consultancy and design services for Kubernetes adoption.
- During the implementation phase:
- Consult on the design of Kubernetes networking infrastructure model and its integration with our SDN (Software Defined Network).
- Advise on the naming conventions for namespaces (virtual clusters) and their resource quotas; map them to existing teams/use cases.
- Design of high-level reference configuration of role-based access control (RBAC) for Kubernetes API resources based on existing teams/use cases.
- Consult on the design of:
- Kubernetes secrets usage and map them to existing setup.
- persistent volumes and storage integration using CSI.
- the integration with existing CI/CD solution and container image repositories.
- the integration with existing Log Aggregation solution.
- Consult on the conventions for Labels, then supporting or driving its implementation
- Amend existing infrastructure design document with all design decisions and implementation details.
- Support the development and operations teams during the migration to Kubernetes.
- Provide advice on a bare metal setup. Assess the requirements and effort to migrate to an on-premise bare metal setup
- Support the security team during the implementation of a Cloud-Native Container Firewall
- Consult on the design and implementation of the Kubernetes security model
- Post-secondary education studies of minimum 3 years in computer science or related field certified by diploma or 3 years of experience in addition to the 6-year experience requirement below
- Minimum 6 years of experience as consultant in telecommunications systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge of (converged) and IP-network technologies
- In-depth knowledge of load balancing, application security, container orchestration (Kubernetes), secret Management
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (eg Azure DevOps Server), Elastic Search, Kibana, Logstash (Desirable)
- Good understanding of fundamental security concepts.
- Excellent presentation, communication, analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Very good technical leadership skills
- Solid documentation skills in English
NOTE: Please note that experience with Kubernetes + Azure is mandatory
Please share an updated CV for an immediate start.