Chief Systems Architect
Posted on Jun 18, 2020 by Visa
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to
connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment
network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our
advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable
payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000
transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives
the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a
cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to
digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to
reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an
opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of
an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors,
trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth
in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry
forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital
commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way
the world pays.
* Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume,
elastic, secure, and reliable using open source based Cloud solutions for
Big Data technologies
* Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering, and
design and deploy cloud infrastructure build on top of open-source
components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming and
other Open Source Big Data technologies.
* Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative,
reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions.
* Bring together cross-functional teams and build automation to deliver
programmable and vendor-neutral infrastructure that transforms
virtualization to new compute paradigm. Design the Cloud, and Container
strategy around PaaS Solutions.
* Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team
during and after deployment.
* Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and
* Responsible for the design and implementation of agile-innovative
infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that
allow cost reduction, standardization, and commoditization.
* Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity and
support operational goals for increasing automation across the
* Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for
purpose while keeping technology relevant.
* No direct reports. Individual contributor level position.
* Minimum of 15+ years of software development experience with Bachelor
degree OR at least 12 years of experience with an advanced degree.
* Experienced technology leader with a minimum 5+ years of big data
technologies or data platform architecture experience with deep
technology expertise in the following:
* Architecture design and development of large scale data platforms and
data application with simple solutions
* Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data
* Expertise in managing and operating distributed big data systems,
including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, and
* Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing
* Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using languages like
Java, C/C++, Python, or Golang. Strong on elegant coding, can write very
solid prototypes or core components quickly.
* Strong service architecture and development experience with high
performance and scalability
* Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in
multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management,
distributed processing, and high availability is required. Experience in
statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of
production systems is a plus.
* Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success
metrics. Good knowledge and experience on measuring a service from user
* Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning
mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep
up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry,
which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build
durable new ones.
* Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction
skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues
and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
* Deep experience in:
* SQL/noSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL
* Web Services (REST/ SOAP)
* Experience on distributed application performance engineering, mobile
application development, database design, middleware, user interface
development, and information security engineering
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
required; advanced degree is a plus.
* Strong leadership and team player.
* Strong skills on mentoring/growing junior people
* Payment industry experience is a plus.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require
incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone,
frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers,
reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Job Number: REF26874I