Windows System Engineer
Posted on Jun 18, 2020 by Stamford Consultants AG
Our client is looking for a Windows System Engineer.
Windows System Engineer
- Manage Virtualization platform (VMware ESXi, vSphere)
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot VMware Horizon View Environment
- Design, implementation, administration and support on-prem and cloud enterprise solutions, focused on Microsoft technologies
- Administer and support Office 365 suite configurations and policies
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory and Group Policy in our domain environment.
- Designs and implements technical solutions
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, and in some cases as a project team lead
- Monitoring of European Windows systems to guarantee reliable operation
- Ensuring IT-Security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to the Windows infrastructure and applications supported
- 5+ year in-depth knowledge of VMware based virtualization platform and Horizon View
- Good knowledge of Windows system administration (AD, DNS, Group Policy, Office 365)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Technical background and 5-7 years of practical experience as a VMware and Windows system engineer
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team
- Understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and Firewalls.
- Experience in Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft SQL & Windows clustering technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS file systems.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Fluent in German and good English skills are essential
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MOUS, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
I am looking forward to your application on (see below)
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.