Application Security Engineer
Posted on Jun 6, 2020 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Application Security Engineer
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
- Conduct application security reviews, vulnerability analyses, and risk assessments; identify integration issues. Recommend best practices and integrate mitigation strategies using Web Application Firewalls and the OWASP framework.
- Use technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems, and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired.
- Provide engineering support, troubleshooting, and evaluation of preventative and detective security technologies such as:
- Serve as technical and project lead on IT Security initiatives; partner with System Engineers, Application Development teams, and Architects.
- Maintain security posture by monitoring and ensuring IT Security compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conduct incident response analyses; develop and deliver training programs to team members.
- Enhance existing architecture and design through planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for team members; teaching improved processes; and mentoring team members.
- Generate and document operational processes, procedures, and incident response plans where necessary.
- Support the Company's diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
- 5+ years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging, and administering Network Security Products (Firewalls, Proxy, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience practicing Change, Problem, and Incident management processes utilizing ITIL in an enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of experience implementing and troubleshooting F5 BIG-IP solutions (APM, ASM)
- Ability to analyze, use, and configure large enterprise networks.
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and web protocols (HTTP/HTTPS).
- Working knowledge of Firewall technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of different operating systems (Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with vendor technical support channels.
- Comprehensive understanding of the terminology, principles, and application of fault tolerance high availability and disaster recovery preparedness.
- Working knowledge of data security controls, protocols, and methods.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Ability to effectively lead and influence others without direct managerial authority within an inclusive work environment, using collaboration, coordination, and self-motivation.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Experience supporting IT service delivery in a highly-regulated and audited environment preferred.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $145k Annual