Posted on Jun 3, 2020 by SHS, Incorporated
A medical communications and training agency that provides strategic healthcare content, accentuated by award-winning creative design, delivered in compelling digital and traditional formats. Our US and global clients include 7 of top 10 global pharmaceutical companies and several small- to mid-sized biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
We offer candidates a collaborative working environment that fosters teamwork and innovation in the pursuit of excellence. We are looking for a full-time Medical Director to provide both strategic analysis/insight and medical writing services.
The team comprises multidisciplinary seasoned experts Medical Directors, Account Directors, Designers, Digital Strategists, Instructional Designers, and Project Managers committed to providing high-quality, innovative programs to meet our clients' goals and facilitate optimal patient care.
* PharmD or PhD in biomedical sciences
* 5+ years experience at a medical communications agency
* Strong strategic planning ability
* Experience developing strategic documents and recommendations for various types of programs (communication, publication, educational)
* Experience in assisting with developing strategy for business pitches
* Strong medical writing ability:
* Experience developing content for medical and promotional brand and disease awareness educational programs, including slide kits, advisory board meetings, executive summaries, monographs, videos, animations, MOA/MOD illustrations, and interactive digital programs.
* Experience developing content for training programs for sales representatives and medical science liaisons
* Expertise with MS Word and MS PowerPoint
* Broad therapeutic category expertise
* Experience in womens health, diabetes, and vaccines is a plus
* Willingness and ability to master a new therapeutic category or disease state
* Experience in a clinical setting is helpful
* Therapeutic experience:
* Must be able to interact professionally with:
* Clients: Medical Directors have direct client contact
* External experts, faculty, and authors
* Internal staff, including Medical Directors, Creative Director, Account Directors, Instructional Designer, Digital Strategist, Business Development Directors, Project Managers, Editorial Assistant, and Copy Editor/Fact Checker
* Demonstrated ability to:
* Organize work and make best use of budgeted time
* Work well under pressure
* Accurately estimate time needed to complete projects
* Meet deadlines
* Exhibit strong organizational skills
* Pay attention to detail
* Travel (US and globally)
The position comes with competitive salary and benefits. Our preference is to have Medical Directors work full-time in our headquarters in Collingswood, NJ, 10 minutes from Philadelphia; however, we are willing to discuss telecommuting.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.