Linux System Engineer
Posted on Jun 3, 2020 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for Linux System Engineer. This role is revolved around Linux System engineering and administration skills. Also experience with automation and Python are key to the role. This person will build in house automation and have experience with configuration management tools like Puppet and Salt.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally.
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude.
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems.
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning.
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years of experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites).
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring).
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, building RPMs, deploy updates).
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control) and experience in two of: Python/C/C++.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $126k Annual
$15 - $15 Annual