Senior Middleware Platform Engineer
Posted on Jun 3, 2020 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Middleware Platform Engineer. This role is a contract to hire position. The role revolves around supporting Middleware and packaged applications. This person needs to have hands on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installing, supporting, analysing logs and performance tuning. A degree is a must for this role. The dress code for this company is as follows, men must wear dress shirt and tie, and women must wear suite or dress.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate monitoring, alerting, and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Develop, Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines following the best practices.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 8+ years experience supporting Middleware and packaged applications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git, UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible, puppet or Dynatrace a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as loadbalancing and routing, DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.