IT Help Desk Analyst
Posted on Jun 3, 2020 by Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Department: Information Services - Technical Services
Location: Groveport, OH
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years our associates have built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
The Technical Services Analyst provides support of all information systems, applications, and technologies for Saddle Creek associates within a warehouse, campus or region. The Technical Services Analyst reports to the Manager of Technical Services, works with corporate Information Services (IS) to complete or lead tactical and strategic initiatives as needed and works closely with the facility manager in achieving local goals.
- Provide technical support of all networked devices within a Microsoft environment, as well as cloud services (PCs, printers, servers, VoIP telephones, RF bar code scanning units, network/communications equipment, Microsoft Office, etc.) both locally and remotely.
- Support application upgrades and business go-lives at your location with the assistance of the SME teams.
- Provide training to end users for both general use of PCs, to proper use of our in-house applications.
- Facilitates purchasing of computer hardware and software as needed.
- Maintains detailed documentation of your local infrastructure; from the basic software/hardware to copper/fiber wiring diagrams in server rooms.
- Interacts with internal users to provide daily support of operations with warehouse management systems, transportation management systems, Time & Attendance, Label, Reporting, and in-house ancillary applications.
- Follow standard desktop support procedures.
- Performs replacements/upgrades of equipment based on product lifecycle or business growth.
- Coordinate and supervise outside service providers (vendors/contractors) as needed.
- Follows ITIL framework / best practices.
- Allocate 15% - 25% of time to working with Corporate IS team.
- Attends operational/project meetings as needed.
- Travel as needed between multiple sites (10% - 15%).
- Ability to provide off-hours support.
- Ability to work a rotating on-call schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related discipline required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing technical support to end users
- Experience with systems change management processes
- Working knowledge of process management and the project management life cycle
- Industry certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, EXIN/ITIL, IASSC) preferred
- Experience in multi-site warehousing/distribution/fulfillment operations including Fulfillment, Warehouse Management Systems, scanning and labeling equipment preferred
- Experience with business intelligence software and time & attendance systems
- Experience with ticketing systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong critical thinking, decision making, and root cause problem solving skills; strong troubleshooting skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and be able to "learn on the fly"
- Must be customer focused and possess a high degree of integrity and trust
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must have a flexible schedule when business needs require it
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management (WMS) and Fulfillment systems applications are a plus
- Able to earn certifications to operate boom, scissor and fork lifts to access/maintain warehouse mounted network equipment through on the job training. (preferably not afraid of heights)
- Ability to lift 25lb