MicroStrategy Cloud Engineer
Posted on Jun 2, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a MicroStrategy Cloud Systems Engineer. This role can be worked 2 days remote. This role will revolve around Microstrategy, Tableau, and AWS infrastructure on both an infrastructure and application level. This person will be responsible for implementing and managing application and platform monitoring tools like SiteScope, Nimsoft, and Opnet. This person will be working on Tableau and MicroStrategy infrastructure engineering. They will provide application support for Tableau and MicroStrategy tools in on-prem, VMC and AWS environments. If you don't have Tableau experience, that is fine but you must be willing to learn it.
Infrastructure Engineering: Application Support
- Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process improvements, trouble-shooting, production support, production operations and configuration management.
- Capture, update and simplify production support resolution activities, production operations tools & capabilities, and configuration management sustainability & applicability.
- Build practices, automated capabilities and communication across department for enhanced application and operational controls compliance including awareness, daily practice integration, evidence collection, successful completion, complexity reduction and resource utilization.
- Enable configuration management across asset management capabilities for computing/Servers, application components, software, network devices and other technical aspects to contribute toward impact assessment capabilities, improved decision making across IT services and sustainable IT life cycle.
- Experience implementing and managing application and platform monitoring tools (SiteScope, Nimsoft, Opnet)
Tableau Infrastructure Engineering
- Monitor the health, reliability and performance of implemented Tableau solutions, detecting issues quickly and driving quality improvement over time.
- Implement development and design patterns that enable the next generation of service infrastructure.
- Support an eco-system of continuous delivery pipeline tooling, through integration and automation, including Artifactory.
- Review, implement and support a wide range of tools and services.
MicroStrategy Infrastructure Engineering
- Responsible for the production and deployment of new software releases.
- Maintain high availability and resilience for all MicroStrategy offerings across Analytics, Mobility, and Security.
- Manage the Back End of web & mobile applications to include server, agent gateway, load balancers, and Active Directory.
- Troubleshoot and triage problems or issues with software and hardware
- Manage and build Servers to support needs of customers
Public Cloud Experience
- Management and operation of public cloud
- Design and Implement Public cloud architectures and environments
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize applications for public cloud
- Migration of applications, tools and services to public cloud plan and implement solutions for backup and recovery, high availability, key management, and other strategic initiatives
- Design and build secure and scalable software infrastructure
- More than 5 years of related experience providing application support for Tableau and MicroStrategy tools in on-prem, VMC and AWS environments.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years' experience as an infrastructure engineer
- Skilled with MS Office
- Advanced experience with Agile and other project techniques
- Develop and maintain documentation required to support the server infrastructure
- Experience building and launching applications in public cloud (AWS experience a plus)
- Strong desire to learn new tools.
- Comfortable following to Agile methodologies.
- Experience implementing Jira and Confluence tools