IT Support Specialist
Posted on Jun 2, 2020 by Frontage Laboratories
The IT Support Specialist provides technical support for end users and helps maintain the computer systems and networks. The IT Support Specialist must be able to install, configure, upgrade, and provide support for computer hardware, software, and networks. A strong technical aptitude and the ability to diagnose and resolve computer system related issues quickly is required.
IT Support Specialist - Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provide technical support to end users (this may be in person or remotely)
- Set up accounts for new users
- Repair and replace equipment as necessary
- Test new technology
- Maintain updated skill sets and best practice knowledge.
- Maintain IT policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assist lead in any deployments, upgrades, and migrations
Education Requirements and Qualifications
Associates Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience including some or all of the following skills and technologies:
- Strong experience with desktop/laptop hardware/software and Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP
- Network printing and Distributed File Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle database management
- Web services including Microsoft IIS and SharePoint
- Microsoft Office 365 administration and support
- Microsoft Office 2010 - 2019 software support
- Server and Storage hardware/software administration and support
- VMware virtualization technologies
- Cisco/Checkpoint networking technologies
- VOIP Phone Systems
- Exposure to Linux Operating Systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication and documentation skills
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit plan.
Frontage Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.