Posted on May 23, 2020 by Humanics, LLC
Kalcor Coatings Company is seeking a PRODUCTION MIXER for its location in Willoughby, OH. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet our customers' specific needs.
Our primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Mixer operates and controls equipment to mix and manufacture water-based and solvent-based coatings, paint, lacquer, and stain according to directions on batch tickets. Work includes operating equipment such as pumps, lines, valves, tanks, sand mills, filters, and measuring devices.
In addition, this individual will:
- Observe all safety standards and assure quality of work conforms to standards
- Follow work orders and production specifications; record results and maintain accurate records
- Produce products by obtaining, weighing, mixing and/or grinding raw materials.
- Complete require in-process quality checks
- Filter produced material and fill into various containers as specified by the batch ticket
- Package, label, palletize and move finished goods
- Clean processing tanks and maintain tank identification numbers
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble equipment
- Dispose of waste in accordance with regulatory and company guidelines
- Operate lift truck to transport items for use, filling, distribution, and storage; unload tankers and trucks
- High School diploma/GED. Prior manufacturing and/or paint making preferred; experience in a facility handling liquid products preferred. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 60 pounds and maneuver 500 pound drums
- Current fork lift operator's certificate or willingness and ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Strong math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios); familiarity with US and metric measurements; and ability to convert between weights and measures
- Ability to follow diagrams, verbal and written work orders, and maintain accurate records
- Candidates must be able to pass a color test, wear a fitted respirator, and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
- Kalcor is a smoke-free, tobacco-free and vaping-free facility.
If you are looking for a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customers and coworkers alike, and you possess the skills and competencies for this position, we would like to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer