Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on May 23, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our client, a well-known Fortune 500 organization in a Northeast suburb of Cleveland, OH, is looking for a DevOps Systems Engineer to work with a variety of teams to help advance their Continuous Delivery capabilities and automation of CI/CD pipelines and underlying tool chain. Your focus will be in the area of Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Application Release Automation, and Infrastructure as Code solutions to enable application deployments to on-prem and public cloud environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in designing and developing enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline and Cloud capabilities for all service types (for example, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Apply the patterns and principles of continuous delivery, pipeline automation, Windows and Linux infrastructure, Container, and one or more public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure).
- Work with application teams to implement relevant technologies, tools, and processes to advance CD pipeline capabilities and cloud capabilities
- Build and deploy highly automated infrastructure solutions, which includes self-service tools and capabilities
- Collaborate with enterprise teams to conduct proof of concepts/prototypes for emerging technologies and practices
- Plan or provide input to operationalization of new technologies and capabilities
- Help establish technical standards and best practices for new tools and technologies
- Broad knowledge in multiple infrastructure technology areas (servers, network, storage, security etc.)
- Hands on PowerShell Scripting experience (Perl, Ruby, Python or similar languages are acceptable) is required with the expectation that other languages can be learned on the job.
- Experience in automated pipeline methodologies and CI/CD tool chain (GIT, TFS/Azure DevOps, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins or similar tools)
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM and DevSecOps methodologies
- Experience in infrastructure automation/configuration management using Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Experience with Container orchestration using OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience with one or more public cloud platforms (eg AWS, Azure)
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime : straight time