Area Manager (Logistics/Distribution)
Posted on May 22, 2020 by Pontoon
A MARKET LEADING online retailer has a fantastic opportunity for a strong Area Manager to join their logistics/distribution function for a challenging but exciting career opportunity!
Our online retail giant strive to have a positive impact on customers, small businesses and the economy and they want you to join them to ensure customer excellence is always at the forefront of their business.
Interview Process: Phone Interview followed by Digital Interview with the Hiring Manager
This rare and exciting opportunity will be very rewarding both in career opportunities, offering strong potential for progression as well as a competitive salary and fantastic company benefits.
. Degree qualification or equivalent ideally
* Direct man management experience ideally in a logistics, distribution, transport, FMCG, Retail or similar environment, we will however consider all backgrounds
* Experience with the full hiring and recruitment life cycle
* Flexibility to work a variety of hours as business demands as and when required including mornings, afternoon and potentially nights.
* Experience in managing multiple senior stakeholders
* Experience with managing multiple KPIs
Day To Day Duties:
. As an Area Manager you will manage the day-to-day operations of this established online business and liaise with other departments and key stakeholders as necessary to ensure a smooth flow of operations.
* You will be responsible for managing the key metrics across the areas of Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics.
* You will report directly to the Operations Manager.
* In this role you will lead and develop your team of colleagues to maximise their full potential, ensuring the team meets key performance objectives in order to exceed the customers' expectations.
* You will lead a large and diverse team of colleagues within a very fast-paced and high-volume environment. You will have the responsibility of all HR related activities within the team, including managing employee engagement.
The Area Manager will leading a team of Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Sortation team as well as third party vendors and contribute to the stable optimization of our logistic processes.
You are in charge of monitoring the logistics and delivery through set performance indicators (eg delivery on time, successful first deliveries, customer service rate), followed by reporting those, including discrepancies, to your lead.
If you feel you have what it takes and would like to be considered for the position of Area Manager then don't delay - APPLY NOW for swift consideration.