Posted on May 22, 2020 by Skillbase Group Ltd
(Fibre, API, FMS, RTU, NTP, DNS, Linux, Docker, selinux, auditd, nmap, nessus, IP, LVM, RAID, NFS)
We are searching for a Linux specialist who is able to perform the integration of a Management Solution which sits on a Linux platform (FMS) into a customer Telco environment. Having your base in Rennes France you will work with the customer teams to correctly design the integration of our Management solution, evaluate all IT rules to be adapted and finalise the integration by deploying system and E2E testing. You will also assist customer's team in understanding their existing workflow and design, understanding all possible issues, discussing and agreeing on responsible party for fixing the issue (ex : gaps in API) and then submit them to our R&D. You will ensure a good daily communication with the customer teams as the POC between the team in France and our customer. The candidate should have a good knowledge of network management solutions based on Linux acquired through technical training and several years of practical experience.
Daily duties to consist of:
1. Support for FMS solution Integration to the customer environment
2. Support & facilitate overall design activities (customer SI )
3. POC between R&D, Architect and Customer
4. Act as a Fiber management solution expert (RTU, architecture, Key fiber metrics such as length, e2e loss, dB/km, .., Alarm creation)
5. Trouble shoot all possible integration issues for our FMS solution in the customer network (Network performance, System and pre-requisite issues )
6. Good understanding of the solution impact, capacity to quickly solve issues (NTP configuration, DNS issues, supervision and centralized log need..)
7. Reporting and good analytics level. Document all aspects of the solution and customized parts.
8. Good communication skills in meetings, conferences and presentations are also required.
9. Ensure planning and required steps are fully respected
* Technical skills
o Overall knowledge of Linux Environment and major components (docker is mandatory)
o Linux Security skills (ex: selinux, auditd, nmap, nessus)
o IP Configuration (route creation, iptables, masquerading, dhcp, DNS, NTP, Firewall)
o Performance management (inter site bandwith)
o Storage LVM, RAID, NFS,
o Scripting bash
Dashboards & KPIs creation
Web Technology skills
o API Rest
o HTTP, SSL, Websocket, OAuth
Services to be performed in Rennes France with some travel to the customer premises in the UK.
Languages: English and French.
Training: Training provided on in house FMS tool