Middleware Engineer - Atlassian/Jira
Posted on May 22, 2020 by Outsource UK
Middleware, jira, atlassian,Linux, SQL, JAVA
Leading European Institution has tasked me to identify a Middleware Engineer with strong Atlassian and Jira experience to join them for an initial 12 month contract in Brussels. Due to the current Pandemic this role is still urgent and you would be able to initially work remotely but when this is lifted you would be required to work 3 weeks on site in Brussels and 1 week remote per month.
- S(he) will also provide support, consultancy and advice to the various development teams at the client if and when required, based on the ITIL operational processes
- Maintenance of the current service, mainly upon the Atlassian's eco-system.
- Configuration of Atlassian's Confluence wiki and Configuration of Atlassian's Jira (issue tracker)
- Maintaining the Integration of security
- Load testing and code profiling
- Physical architecture including clustering
- Application monitoring and reporting in production
- Management of the ecosystem of plug-ins
- Logical architecture of the various spaces
- Evaluation of new releases and upgrade planning
- Conception, design, coordination of the implementation and quality assessment of information systems technical architectures and supporting infrastructures
- JMeter: Configuration of the tools, design and implementation of the test scenarios, analysis of the results.
- Atlassian product integration
- Test automation: Selenium, PMD, Findbug
- Analysis and design reviews of information systems enterprise-, information- and application component architectures
- JEE expertise for code audit, testing and deployment of applications.
- Code reviewing expertise and coaching with Atlassian Crucible
- Assistance with the implementation of the technical architecture during information system infrastructure development projects
- LAMP platform: installations, configuration and optimization.
- PostgreSQL administration.
- Expertise in Python scripts on UNIX/Linux environments.
- Expertise in Linux platform administration and OSS development and packaging.
- Java Virtual Machine tuning and optimization.
- Infrastructure deployment automation (with Rundeck) with tests and fall-backs mechanisms design.
- Elaboration of guidelines and recommendations concerning technical architecture in software development, taking into account the existing infrastructure and its evolution.
- Extensive technical documentation for platform and system administrators.
- Extensive documentation for end-user.
- Production of software architecture documents
Employment and technical requirements
- Expertise in Jira administration with at least 3 years of experience working with Atlassian products
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, upgrades, and migrations
- Integration experience on JIRA and confluence with plugins and development
- Integration with LDAP for authentication
- Very good knowledge of
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Good understanding on Change, release & Deployment management
- Good testing experience
- Perfect knowledge of English
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Experience with public sector is an asset
- ITIL V3 foundation certification
- Experience with ticketing system (SMT is an asset)
Please send an updated CV for an immediate interview.