Posted on May 20, 2020 by Capgemini Financial Services UK Ltd
The focus of your role
We are currently seeking a number of top performing Technical Analysts/Developer with hands on experience with Data or Analytics to join our successful Insights & Data Practice, based in the North West, working with one of our major banking clients.
These are permanent requirements within our Financial Services Business Unit and successful candidates will be expected to travel.
What you'll bring
- Significant data analysis experience
- Significant relational database experience
- Strong MS SQL Server SQL SSIS SSAS SSRS skills
- Good Hadoop Hive Skills
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a personal commitment to continuing to develop their business and technical skills
- They will possess a strong intellect balanced by a practical and pragmatic approach
- The role holder will be analytical have a good eye for detail and be logical in their approach to data management
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with minimal guidance is essential
- They will use their excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability work on their own and use their initiative and manage workloads but remaining flexible to the immediate need of the team and its stakeholders
What you'll do
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide key stakeholders with high quality global credit risk data ensuring that tight delivery times are met and the data is of a high quality through strong process controls, data quality reviews and an in depth knowledge of source systems and end user requirements.
- Ensure that accurate, relevant and timely responses are provided to ad-hoc requests from all levels of the business.
- Support BAU processes using numerous technologies. Proactively identify and address data issues to ensure that data is accurately and consistently provided within given timescales.
- Drive forward continual improvement of BAU processes by identifying areas for improvement, raising awareness with key stakeholders. Engage with stakeholder to develop and implement solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Provide support to projects to ensure that Data Services is represented, take ownership of actions that are forthcoming and meet the deadlines that are set.
The candidate is expected interact with senior stakeholders to ensure that deliverables are understood and the best outcome is achieved for the business. The candidate will support and regularly interact with:
- The Chief Risk Officer and their immediate team
- Risk Reporting Teams (W&I and PB&OS)
- Capital & Risk Information Services
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of how the bank operates and the metrics used to measure performance.
- Analyses problems and evaluates options in a logical and systematic way
- Seeks the advice of stakeholders to better create clarity in complex situations, understand problems, evaluate options and make decisions
- Reprioritises own activities to respond to new information and changing requirements whilst staying focussed on results
- Considers the impact of their actions and decisions on key stakeholders, seeking to deliver a positive outcome for those involved