Lab System Support Admin
Posted on May 20, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Lab system support admin
Location: Ballydine, Ireland
Type: Permanent role
You will provide dedicated support for various laboratory systems within our state-of-the-art pharmaceutical facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administering Empower Servers, LAC/E boxes, and other computers for stand-alone instruments
- Resolve software and instrument computer related issues to support analytical testing in a timely manner
- Support the Pharm Ops Quality Control Operations department in preventing unplanned downtime of their systems.
- Adhere to the requirements of Segregation-of-Duties in the management of the systems in scope.
- Work with IT Department on data backup and archiving
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record of driving continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others with impact
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent degree.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3 years of Empower software and Agilent/Waters instrumentation experience including usage, processing, programming, networking, and/or validation.
- Experience with administration and/or support of Waters NuGenesis and/or Waters Empower
- MUST have thorough understanding of IT Controls methodologies, including GAMP5 and ITIL.
- Thorough knowledge of computer validation/SDLC requirements and change control procedures
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS, networking, and instrument PC connectivity and configuration (securities and file structure).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar position within a GxP regulated environment
- Adequate experience in backup & recovery tools such as VMware, Acronis & Robocopy
- Knowledge of cGMP and FDA regulations