Posted on May 20, 2020 by Lags Spine and Sportcare Medical Centers Inc
Lags Medical Centers has an opportunity for an experienced Physical Therapist
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations according to APTA standards of practice as well as state standards.
- Develop an individualized Plan of Treatment for each patient on initial and ongoing plan
- Evaluations for short and long-term goals
- Implement Plan of Treatment on a consistent schedule and adjust this schedule and plan according to patient progress.
- Document patient progress according to approved medical documentation and facility documentation procedures.
- Evaluate mobility, strength and current level of patient function
- Report patient progress to patient, caregivers and facility staff involved in ongoing treatment/care of patients.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops and professional publications, etc.
- Assist other facility staff members as needed to provide care and create a clean, orderly and effective environment
Lags Medical Centers offers a Work life balance with a five day work week, comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, 11 Paid Holidays and 401K.
Lags Medical Centers is a pain management group operating throughout California, Oregon, Washington & Nevada. Since 2000, the LAGS alternative approach to pain treatments has returned patients to a healthy, active lifestyle: restoring function by minimizing pain. Dr. Lagattuta served as a Team Doctor/Physiatrist for the Chicago Bulls basketball team during their record, 72-game winning season in the Michael Jordan era. He attributes much of that success to seeing that pain can be treated by restoring movement and minimizing the use of drugs. Eventually, he developed the MAP protocol: a 3-tiered approach directly addressing pain sources from Metabolic, Anatomical and Psychological perspectives, rather than just covering up pain with opiates or pain pumps. Focusing interventional, less-invasive treatments on a patients pain source(s) can remove the need for pain-related emergency room visits, avoid costly surgeries and ultimately reduce the cost of care.
Lags has grown to care, at scale, for a large base of underserved (Medicaid/Medicare patients), who often experience challenges in accessing healthcare. Our 35+ clinics are ideally equipped to serve these and many other patients across 22 counties.. Requirements:
- BS or masters degree in Physical Therapy from a physical therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Current Physical Therapy license for state of California (Required)
- At least 2 years of experience providing physical therapy to patients in a fully equipped PT facility
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (with AED)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.