Senior Software Tester (QAA)
Posted on May 20, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
We are hiring for an experience Senior Software Tester to perform software testing activities, using a variety of testing approaches and techniques, typically providing functional, black-box and user acceptance testing expertise. This contractor will use experience and imagination to ensure that information systems products and services are functioning as expected and meeting end-user requirements as well as uncovering risks related to unintended consequences. Uses analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize and reduce redundancies in testing efforts, minimize complexity, and create efficiency without compromising effectiveness. Assesses the need for automation and obtains assistance in creating automation fixtures and harnesses. Provides guidance on complex issues to others as needed.
- Experience testing API and UI changes
- In-depth knowledge of common testing methods, testing tools (eg, ALM), terminology and industry practices
- Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
- Knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
- Advanced knowledge of using software packages or tools for processing or displaying data (eg Microsoft Excel, SQL Queries)
Proven ability to assess implications of proposed systems changes on the processes and factors related to the insurance business or common business functions (eg marketing, sales, and financial controls).
-Advanced analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze data from various sources to determine next steps
- Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
- Negotiation skills with the ability to influence others by educating and sharing information
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present information to a variety of audiences
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
Ability to coach and help others learn knowledge or skills in a specific area
Ability to research and maintain awareness of emerging technology
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time