Linux System Engineer
Posted on May 20, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Linux System Engineer. The Linux Systems team is responsible for building and maintaining the Servers, storage, OS, and configuration of all trading environments. This role is revolved around Linux system administration, heavy python skills, and Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates). As a member of the team you'll have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware, build in house automation and monitoring tools, leverage Open Source projects, and make meaningful contributions to the company.
- Represent the Linux Systems team and take ownership of our portion of large infrastructure projects.
- Gather, organize, document, and clearly communicate project requirements to relevant teams.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements
- 5+ years' experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites)
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring)
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates)
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control) and experience in two of the following languages: Python/C/C++/Ruby
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $130k Annual
$120k - $130k Annual
$120k - $140k Annual
$15 - $15 Annual
$120k - $125k Annual
$120k - $127k Annual
$120k - $126k Annual