Data Specialist, initial 12 Months Contract, Baden, Trading
Posted on May 18, 2020 by Stamford Consultants AG
SQL Data Specialist, initial 12 Months Contract, Baden, Trading
(Sql, Tsql, MSBI, Powershell, Azure )
We are looking for an experienced SQL Data Specialist for our clients trading platform.
This exciting role is perfect for someone with financial experience, who is an expert with Databases and is keen on participating in the testing, delivery and deployment of database improvements through the software development life cycle.
- You will be working in an established and stable organisation with an experienced team.
- This of course requires someone who loves to be a team player to work closely with other members on a business critical project.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the setup, configuration and operation of database systems for maximum security, stability and performance
- Advise on the adoption of existing and new database technologies
- Implement and advise on Industry standard, best practice and creative database solutions
- Work closely with Operations, Development and Business teams to identify operational & performance issues
- Participate in the testing, delivery and deployment of database improvements through the software development life cycle and into production using Agile/DevOps methods
- Use internal and external monitoring tools to identify trends in technical system performance
- Proactively lead and own database problems and incidents to resolution
- Implement alerting and processes to prevent and identify database issues to reduce operational and business impact
- Document and share knowledge to increase the overall technical understanding of the Operations and Development teams
- Communicate and cooperate with vendors on issue resolution
- Work collaboratively and professionally with others in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Advise, influence and mentor to Development and Operations teams on database topics
The most relevant skills you need to bring:
- Experience of current and previous versions of SQL Server database engines
- High availability and DR provided through Availability Groups
- Production system monitoring across all levels of the technology stack (Network, SAN, Servers, Database instance, Database)
- SQL Performance tuning, including T-SQL best practice
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards and the principles of service delivery
- Ability to communicate complex subjects at different levels (eg to support, developers, senior managers & business colleagues)
- Microsoft's BI toolset: Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Integration Services & PowerBI
- Exposure to operating, managing & migration to cloud based solutions (Azure)
- Exposure to automating tasks using Powershell or community solutions such as DBATools
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Independence, initiative and team skills
- Flexible, motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver results & meet deadlines
If you believe you meet the above requirement and are looking for a new contract opportunity with a high possibility of extensions in a modern environment, please send your CV to Kevin Ritschard.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.