Senior Pega DevOps Engineer
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
Are you an experienced Pega DevOps looking for a new challenge? Here is a great opportunity to embark on a long-term exciting project. Our financial client is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to deliver complex PEGA solutions and work on projects which directly impact the internal business operations.
You will ensure to get complex chains working that go beyond the scope of a single programme and of course you are capable of getting them work. In the domain of Distribution, you will get the opportunity to contribute and work with the newest developments in the market and thus develop your knowledge and skills to the maximum extent possible.
- Being responsible for day-to-day activities that range from actual coding to active involvement in the delivery pipeline, test automation, test execution for different test levels, defect management, test data management, test strategy, automated deployments and running/supporting the software in the production environment.
- Being part of the DevOps team, you are responsible for changing and running the IT solutions you deliver. Here software development is not only about implementing business requirements, but also takes into account operational aspects such as maintainability, stability and security requirements. In addition you will work with continuous delivery, test and behaviour driven development, test automation and software delivery measurement, in order to improve the team and the process.
You have the ability and willingness to take responsibility for the full software development process and the drive to continuously improve. The complexity of the job lies in ensuring a balance between running and changing the systems. In this balancing act you can really put your development, cooperation and communication capabilities to work!
Impact, persuasiveness, organizational sensitivity and cooperation are clearly essential for the role of Pega DevOps engineer.
In addition, you have the following expertise:
- A completed, relevant HBO or WO education (Informatics, Information Technology or Business Management)
- Pega CLSA certified
- more than 6 years of experience in developing PEGA applications
- Knowledge of Pega Cloud (version 8.x), DX API
- Experience as a coach of junior and medior Pega devops engineers
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum software development
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery principles
- Knowledge and experience as a DevOps team member
- Excellent communication skills in English