Data Ingestion Engineer
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Avanda Group AG
Avanda Group AG is a Swiss IT Professional Services company active in the field of Finance and Life Sciences.
As part of our Digital Workforce Solutions, we are currently offering exciting opportunities for Data Engineers/Architects to join our international team in Zurich.
You will join a dynamic team that will be responsible for the building of our Client data platform and enhance a number of systems that are connected to it; you will work closely with the users in a strategic business transformation that will entail the use of Micro Services, Kafka, SQL etc.
You will be responsible for the delivery of solutions for Datamodelling, data understanding and data preparation. You will have the chance to use cutting edge technologies and work in an agile environment.
- An intricate understanding of database concepts especially composite primary and surrogate keys (eg. Oracle or MySQL or any relational databases)
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies and Data Lakes and how that differs from traditional database systems
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries and querying multiple data sources and tables
- Good understanding and experience with Micro Services and Kafka
- Basic Python to be able to create & maintain python scripts
- Basic BASH to be able to create and maintain BASH scripts
- Fluent English is a must
- Able to work in an agile/scrum environment
- Datawarehouse database experience both querying modelling and contributing towards the contents
- Any data management experience would be very valuable
- ETL experience and building complex pipelines
- Familiar with documenting data attributes, data feeds and data sources in a concise and succinct way and contributing to how the team evolves
How to Apply
We look forward to receiving your application if you fill the above criteria. To allow us to ensure that your application is reviewed against our requirement comprehensively, we kindly ask you to please attach your updated CV with your application.
We appreciate every candidate who is taking the time to apply for our positions, so we will take the time to review your skills against the role and get back to you with our feedback. We regret to inform you that due to legal restrictions we can only accept applications from EU/EFTA citizens or those who legally have the right to work in Switzerland.