SMC Engineer (ITSM and Discovery)
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Modis
Please note that the interview process for this role will be done remotely. The on boarding process will take 6-8 weeks with this person then being based on site in Mons - Belgium.
You will need current NATO or SC clearance.
Skills, knowledge, experience required:
- A university degree in Engineering or related discipline;
- Alternatively 5 years of equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of recent experience in BMC Remedy ITSM Suite development (version 9.1 and higher) - BMC Certified Professional qualification required;
- A minimum of 2 years of recent experience in BMC Discovery (version 11.x and higher) - BMC Certified Professional - DSM required;
- ITIL 2011 Foundation Certification required;
- Experience in BMC TrueSight Operations Management (version 10.x and higher) -beneficial, however not compulsory;
- Extensive experience in installing BMC Remedy ITSM Suite (9.1 and higher) in both single and multi-tenancy, and in a highly available and redundant environment;
- Extensive experience in configuring and customizing the Remedy ITSM suite to align to an organisation's business processes based on the below ITIL processes (at a minimum):
- Incident Management;
- Problem Management;
- Request Fulfilment;
- Change Management;
- Release and Deployment Management;
- Service Asset and Configuration Management;
- Strong experience in gathering, preparing, and loading foundation data into Remedy ITSM;
- Experience configuring Approval Center and approval chains;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in installing and configuring Remedy Atrium CMDB;
- Knowledge and experience integrating MS SCCM with Remedy Atrium CMDB;
- Experience in deploying and configuring/customising Remedy with Smart IT;
- Experience in deploying and configuring/customising Digital Workplace;
- Experience in deploying BMC Smart Reporting and on-boarding users into the application;
- Experience in building custom reports in Remedy Smart Reporting;
- Extensive experience installing BMC Discovery (version 11.x and higher) and configuring discovery jobs for different asset types;
- Knowledge and experience configuring CMDB reconciliation and normalization jobs;
- Experience in building Remedy ITSM on Microsoft technologies (MS Windows Server 2012 R2 and MS SQL Server 2012 and above versions);
- Understanding of infrastructure solutions hosting Service Management tools and technology, including understanding of market leading database solutions (including but not limited to MS SQL and Oracle);
- Working well as part of a dynamic and multi-cultural team;
- Being able to participate in and support meetings with various stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Fluency in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing); the work, both oral and written, is conducted in English.
- Implementing IT Service Management system(s) based on agreed technical requirements, and in coherence with the system architecture;
- Working with the relevant parties to ensure the IT Service Management systems are configured and aligned to the SMC processes;
- Working with the relevant parties to facilitate the IT Service Management application(s) and system(s) security accreditation;
- Providing support to the Technical Lead in ensuring technical coherence across multiple development streams;
- Developing Build and Configuration documentation of the ITSM system(s) and providing support in the development of Testing and Training documentation;
- Providing support in the testing phases of the ITSM system(s), including but not limited to Factory Acceptance and User Acceptance Testing events;
- Providing support in both the preparation and during the Transition to Operations of the new ITSM system(s) post Go-Live, including handover activities to the Operations Team.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.