Junior Digital Backend Engineer/Digital Physical Design
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Consol Partners
ASIC/IC Chip Support - digital Back End
A leading technology business
- As a chip manufacturing Support Engineer, you are the coordinator and interface between the chip manufacturing plants and our customers. After an extensive training by our team, you get the responsibility of the entire process of tape out of the custom chips designed by our customers.
In this tape out process, you will handle the following tasks:
- Check and guarantee the quality of chips, designed by our international customers. You do this based on the documentation provided by the manufacturing plants and knowledge you gain from the team and past projects.
- Prepare the chip design for fabrication at the foundries and help the customer with final sign-off ( go' for fabrication). You do this with the help of the most advanced CAD software programs.
- Have technical discussions with our customers to guide them in this sign-off process.
- Guide the customer in getting the required foundry information and documentation before, during and after the chip design and manufacturing.
- Follow up the projects from start to end and assure that all project milestones are met.
- Assist the sales team in technical discussions.
- Have technical discussions with the production plants that manufacture these chips.
- We are looking for candidates with a Master of engineering degree in electronics ( industrial engineer ) or equivalent by experience with a strong interest in electronics and the fabrication of chips. We attach great importance to the following core competences: taking initiative, being client-oriented, being punctual, teamwork and drive.
- We will learn you most skills you need to master the job, but having some experience in IC layout and verification, chip fabrication techniques and/or tape out experience, are welcome assets.
- We expect that you are a strong communicator and can speak and write English fluently enough to support our international customers. You can adequately judge problem situations, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the Internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.