DevOps Engineer (Cobol MicroFocus, Enterprise Developer and SQL Server
Posted on May 15, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Title: DevOps Engineer (Cobol MicroFocus, Enterprise Developer and SQL Server.)
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Duration: 06 Months
a competent IT-engineer to strengthen its development team in the Business Lending domain. If you want to work in an Agile environment, are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on
Development and maintenance of software in a MicroFocus EnterpriseDeveloper environment in cooperation with other (Development and Operations) engineers in your DevOps team
Implementing the necessary steps to deliver the code to production (build, test, implementation)
Test developed software with UFT, both manual as automatic
Managing the Operational Control Dashboard and other Risk activities (like SOX) of the Business Lending applications.
Active participation in the various Scrum ceremonies
Maintenance of our CI/CD environment with Powershell, TFS and GIT
Your work environment
You will work in the IT organization of Business Lending. Within Business Lending we have several focus areas: Front Office development with Pega-Java and Back Office development based on Cobol and PL/I. You will be part of one of the Back Office teams, delivering IT solutions and services for the Business Lending department. The teams operate according to a DevOps Agile development process. Intensive collaboration with business, other DevOps teams and infrastructure teams is day-to-day business. The focus is on high-quality, secure-critical software, delivered in time. The key development technologies used are MicroFocus, EnterpriseDeveloper and SQL Server.
- Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/DevOps
- At least 5 years of experience with Cobol, preferably MicroFocus Cobol
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012
- Good social and communication skills
- You are familiar with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, TFS
- Experience with at least one modern Scripting language, preferably Powershell
- Preferred experience with UAC or TWS/d
- Preferred experience in financial services
- Mindset for improving our development process
- Ability to motivate people
- Takes responsibility within and outside own focus area
- Eager to learn new technology (like Java)
- Flexible with respect to working pattern/hours
- Dutch and English communication skills, verbal as well as written.