Application Support Analyst (must be technical) - Front Office
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Scope AT Limited
Equity Derivatives IT Front Office Support Analyst
The candidate will be part of Equity Derivatives Front Office IT Support team based in Zurich. The team is responsible to provide Application Support service in the areas of risk management and Front Office suite of tools for trading and sales teams for a leading Investment bank. (Most of the supported applications are developed in-house)
Ideal candidates will have experience supporting Front Arena.
The job duties would involve:
- Provide application support to Equities, Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income desks and other stakeholders in the areas of risk management and analytics.
- Provide Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Release Management support for all supported applications
- Maintain application through releases, config changes, and generate MIS reports.
- Provide periodic weekend coverage and on Public holidays to support application releases, ad-hoc tasks such as Disaster Recovery testing and other BAU requests.
- Work with teams in multiple geographic locations and time zones; Attend calls and escalations; Prepare MIS reports; Drive process improvements and automation.
- Stakeholders: Front Office traders, Product Controllers, Market Risk & Scenarios teams, Platform owners, Analytics team, Middle Office/Back Office teams, Front Office Tools team, and other Stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of financial products in any asset class (Preferred asset class - Flow & Exotic Equity Derivatives, their valuation & risk profiles.
- Strong understanding of Option Greeks and Trade life cycle
- Good experience of working on UNIX and Windows systems including Messaging services, FIX protocol and SQL queries. Ability to dig and understand applications logs and exceptions and errors generated by the system
- Hands on experience of ITIL tools like ServiceNow, JIRA, Splunk, ITRS Geneos, GIT, SVN.
- Experience of working for an Investment bank on risk management systems and Front Office tools required
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills required
- Overall a 50:50 mix of IT and Finance skills.
By applying to this job you are sending us your CV, so we are keen for you to see our Privacy Notice, which can be found on the website. Scope AT acts as an employment agency for Permanent Recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept the Terms and Conditions, Data Protection Policy, Privacy Notice and Disclaimers which can be found on our website.