Infrastructure Design Engineer
Posted on May 15, 2020 by e-resourcing Limited
English + Dutch or French
- Due to all the new environments necessary for key projects of the company, we are looking for an infrastructure technical designer/analyst.
- The infrastructure technical designer/analyst will design, coordinate, setup and support project infrastructure activities as well as provide technology direction in support of the project.
- The infrastructure technical designer/analyst is responsible for the technical design and implementation of modern and flexible solutions according to agreed timelines and budgets in order to support the core business processes of the company in line with the business needs and quality requirements.
- He/she is responsible for building cost optimized solutions to support the business processes and in line with functional and technical evolutions.
- He/she provides estimates about the time and efforts related to the design and the development of the solution.
- He/she provides 3th line technical support to resolve incidents/Problems in cooperation with the company's
- service desk and supporting 3th Parties.
Which tasks will you be working on ?
In cooperation with the Architecture team and under the supervision of the Datacenter Operations Senior Manager, the infrastructure technical designer/analyst will:
- Establish capacity requirements, sizing of future platform, infrastructure cost estimates and delivery timeframes.
Design & documentation
- Translate high-level design into low-level technical design
- Assess the technical feasibility of proposed solutions with regard to quality, cost and delivered strategic vision of the applications.
- Deliver design documents in order to build solution according to the existing standards
- In collaboration with the Datacenter service partners and Architecture team, design and document the infrastructure foundations for database services, web services, Cloud services, networking services, storage and backup services, communication services,
- Coordinate the setup of the technical installation with the Datacenter service partners
- Introduce infrastructure Change Request and follow-up with the Change Board
- Write test scenarios and follow the execution with IT Operations team and Datacenter service partners
- Support in project aftercare mode the IT operations team after delivering Applications on platforms
- Enhance and resolve issues with performance associated with the enterprise infrastructure.
Which COMPETENCES do you need for applying ?
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in a technology related field (eg Engineering, Computer Software, etc.) required
- 10+ years of experience in multiple IT areas that include analysis, design, evaluation, and development
- Must be able to prove an active experience in the following areas:
- public cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Can prove an active experience in following technologies:
- Experience with high volume data platforms, appliances, and technologies
- Experience with RDBMS stacks (eg Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Server: Linux, HPUX, Solaris
- AD with integrated Radius and CA
- Knowledge of SAN Storage (EMC VMAX/VPLEX), NAS and Dedicated Storage Platforms
- Cluster solutions based on OS mentioned above
- Wintel/Linux Server infrastructure management tools
- Networks (Firewalling, Switching, Routing, Software Defined Networking, load balancing)
- Protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, VRF, HSRP,FTP, )
- Fundamental understanding of IT processes and operational procedures.
- Familiar with native and third party OS tools for performance, monitoring and capacity analysis.
Can also prove a knowledge about:
- Web services (IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Web Application Server )
- 3 tier application infrastructure design
- ITIL v3 Service management and IT Provider services,
- SAP architecture
- Excellent understanding of IT market trends and innovations
- Experience in working in Agile/Scrum methodology can be a plus
- You have a strong ability to deliver an efficient and optimized technical design.