Senior Middleware Platform Engineer with DevOps
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
This is a 6+ month contract to hire role. Must be on site in Pleasant Prairie, WI (near Gurnee, IL)
Sr. Middleware Platform Engineer
$110-130k + 5 percent bonus, 6,000 stock options
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
They are primarily WebSphere with some JBoss MQ, some Jboss tomcat any docker kubernetes container a plus to support Java application Servers.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate monitoring, alerting, and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Develop, Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines following the best practices.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Provide on-call support for production applications and mentor junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 8+ years experience supporting Middleware and packaged applications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git, UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible, puppet or Dynatrace a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as loadbalancing and routing, DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, collaborative and communication skills.
- Forward thinking and flexible to work on any technology.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.