Mainframe Database Admin - DB2 IMS
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Church International Ltd.
Want to support the heart of one of Europe's leading banks for a changing world? bank for a changing world
Mainframe Databases are used as the core data storage for my client. Jobs are scheduled for core banking activities on a 24 X 7 basis.
The IT Mainframe Services tribe is looking for a collaborator to join the MAS Mainframe DBMS & Operation Services squad. In their mission statement: to install, manage, secure and support the physical structures together with the residing data of the DBMS Db2 and IMS on Mainframe throughout the entire life cycle and in all environments. The squad takes care of performance, data integrity, capacity, availability, data restoration and data refresh with scrambling to non-PROD environments of Db2 and IMS Databases.
To manage the asset Job Scheduling (on Mainframe and distributed platforms) and provide technical & end-user Support for internal and external clients. Provide system engineering services by guaranteeing adequate life cycle management, security and system administration of the asset Job Scheduling including related tooling.
- Participate to the analysis, design, development, integration, test and support of Mainframe Databases (DB2 and IMS) and/or Mainframe Scheduling solutions
- Participate in the development of support functions in order to maintain these databases while keeping them running 24 x 7.
- Participate in the roll-out of periodic data copies from PRODUCTION to non-production with respect of GDPR requirements.
- Participate in the development of support functions for other IT tribes in order to maintain Mainframe Scheduling solutions
- Collaborate with IT Mainframe squads and other IT tribes in order to deliver each sprint with the members of the squad the promised deliverables.
- Guarantee, with the members of the squad, the implementation of the deliverables and future improvements.
- As a Mainframe Database and/or Mainframe Scheduler specialist, you will maintain the scripts and tools around the system.
- You interact with other IT Tribes.
- Provide 3rd line support in order to support the system.
- Document the solutions
French or Dutch speaking is an added advantage
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.